IMPORTANT: You may view this email using your home email on your personal computer, smart phone, or other electronic device when not on government property. This information should not be downloaded using government equipment, read during duty time, or sent to others using government equipment, because it involves a potential lobbying effort and could be a violation of the 18 U.S. Code § 1913, Lobbying with Appropriated Moneys.
Under this Statute, applicable to all Federal executive branch employees, Federal employees are prohibited from using appropriated funds (including the use of official employee time and Government resources) for activities that are intended or designed (directly or indirectly) to influence in any manner a member of Congress, a jurisdiction, or an official of any government (Federal, state or local) to favor or oppose any legislation, law or appropriation.
- AFGE Local 704 asks that you contact your Congressional Representative and United States Senators and express your concern over what Congress is doing to our nation’s environment and the U.S. EPA. Please give your elected representatives a call, write an e-mail, send a letter or better yet personally visit their office and tell them that express your concerns.
- Not sure who represents you? Click on this link and enter you zip code to find your Congressional Representative and United States Senators. Find Your Elected Officials
- Here’s another link: USA.gov Contact Elected Officials
Key Committees for Funding U.S. EPA:
- Members of the United States House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations
- Members of the House Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies