SHUTDOWN INFORMATION FROM AFGE
- TSP Loan Payment Information— Furloughed? The TSP allows for the suspension of loan payments when you go into nonpay status to prevent your loan from going into default
- Financial Assistance Information— Several banks have set up assistance programs to help federal employees struggling with their banking and loan repayments.
- Furloughed Worker Support from Union Plus—You may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Furlough Grant Program.
- AFGE Policy Holders — AFGE is working to ensure no AFGE policy lapses due to the Government shutdown, and that 100% of members claims are paid without a grievance. Email [email protected] if you receive a lapse letter.
- Feeding America —AFGE is partners with Feeding America and they have 60,000 food banks open to help. Log on to find your local food bank.
- Find United Way & 2-1-1 Services Near You— A free nationwide information and referral line that helps people find local resources they may be eligible to obtain 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free Food and Discounts at Various Restaurants— As the shutdown is most-felt per capita in the District of Columbia, restaurants in the Washington D.C. area are offering free food and drinks for federal employees who show their ID.
- BCBS Continuation of FEP Coverage During Government Shutdown Information—FEP members receive their healthcare coverage during the government shutdown.
- United Consumer Financial Services Payment Deferment Notice—United Consumer Financial Services will work with customers who contact them.
- Local unemployment offices:
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES COLLECTED BY AFGE LOCAL 704
- MyFEDBenefits Shutdown Assitance Map by State
- 1959 – The Second City’s full service restaurant and bar at 230 W. North Ave, 2nd Floor, Chicago is offering a free meal (up to a $15 value) and a non-alcoholic beverage to furloughed federal workers with a valid government ID.
- WDNR Museum – Federal Employees can visit for free with one guest through January if you show a valid government ID: Wed. 4 – 7 pm, Thurs. 12 – 8:30 pm and Fri. 12 – 8:30 pm.
- US Employee Credit Union Skip a Payment Form
If you have information to post to this list contact us right away to get it posted.